Forum

CAUSES OF LOW SPERM...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to Essence Forum, please register to have full access to all the features of this forum. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP

Meet the world!

CAUSES OF LOW SPERM COUNT IN MEN AND PREVENTION

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gorgeousg)
Topic starter  

Low sperm counts are often caused by health and lifestyle factors which you can control.  Young men who take better care of their health will often see sperm counts rise. And if other factors are also at play, assisted reproductive technology can help a couple with male infertility have a child.

Some of the causes of low sperm count are:

1) Diabetes

Type 2 diabetes which is often caused by overweight or obesity is also linked with lower testosterone levels and infertility. Losing weight and managing diabetes can help improve testosterone levels.

2)  Smoking

Smoking cigarettes has been proven to decrease fertility in men. It affects sperm volume, sperm count and sperm motility and its ability to swim. Smoking also makes reproductive technology like IVF treatment less successful. So if you smokes, you should stop.

3) Obesity

Almost 3 out of 4 men in developed countries are overweight or obese, and 35 percent are obese. Low sperm count is associated with having more body fat and a higher BMI (body mass index). Obesity lowers testosterone levels which drive sperm production. It’s not easy to lose weight, but losing weight and reducing waist size will help increase fertility.

4)  Alcohol consumption

Chronic alcohol abuse has been linked to infertility. Binge drinking can cause impotence and affect sperm quality. A recent study of young men in Denmark found that heavy drinkers had 33 percent lower sperm count and 51 percent less “normal looking” sperm than young men who had one to five servings of alcoholic drinks in a week.

5) Drug Use

If you want to have a baby, it’s time for both partners to give up partying, according to an interview with fertility doctors. About 33 percent of chronic smokers will have low sperm counts. Use of opiates like oxycontin and fentanyl affect hormone levels and can lead to DNA problems. The good news is if he stops using, his sperm counts can recover.

6)  Hot Tubs and Saunas

A man’s testicles need to stay cooler than the rest of his body in order to manufacture sperm. That’s why they hang outside in the scrotum instead of being inside his body cavity. When he gets hot in a hot tub, Jacuzzi or sauna, his sperm count goes down. If he’ll stay out of the hot tub for a few weeks, it will usually bounce back.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Gorgeousg

Pharm G

Kelvin
(@kelvin)

Interesting, I'm sure so many people will find this useful.

Live and let's live, no one knows it all, we all need each other to survive.

ReplyQuote
Lover Boy
(@lover-boy)

I thought alcohol boost sperm cells. I have been using it in the past during sex so I can perform well. 

Hope it won't affect me later on.

Ever since I learned about the redpill, I no longer greet women. I see women as an object of fun, please don't judge me. You will understand better if you were in my shoes.

ReplyQuote
(@gorgeousg)
Topic starter  

@lover-boyAlcohol can affect male fertility by altering sperm count, size, shape and motility. In men, heavy drinking affects fertility by:

• lowering testosterone levels, follicle stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone,
  • Raising estrogen levels which reduce sperm production,

Pharm G

ReplyQuote
Lover Boy
(@lover-boy)

@gorgeousg brilliant answer, these lady self, which school you attend?

Ever since I learned about the redpill, I no longer greet women. I see women as an object of fun, please don't judge me. You will understand better if you were in my shoes.

ReplyQuote
Share: