Meet the world!
What is Generic Lyrica 75 mg?
Generic Lyrica 75 mg is the brand name by Pfizer for the drug Pregabalin. The FDA initially licensed Lyrica as an anticonvulsant or anti-epileptic medicine. It works by slowing down the brain impulses that trigger seizures. Pregabalin also alters brain chemicals that convey pain signals throughout the neurological system.
Lyrica treats fibromyalgia pain, nerve pain in diabetics (diabetic neuropathy), herpes zoster (post-herpetic neuralgia), and spinal cord injury.
This medicine alleviates pain caused by diabetic nerve damage, shingles (herpes zoster) infection, or spinal cord injury. This medicine is also used to relieve pain in fibromyalgia patients. It is also used with other drugs to treat specific types of seizures (focal seizures).
How to take Generic Lyrica 75mg?
- 75 mg Lyrica should be taken exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Read all drug guides or instruction sheets and follow all guidelines on your prescription label.
- Your dose may be adjusted on occasion by your doctor. Take the medication precisely as prescribed.
- Take the medication daily, with or without food.
- An extended-release tablet should not be crushed, chewed, or broken. Take the tablet whole.
- Use the accompanying dosing syringe, a specific dose-measuring spoon, or a medicine cup to measure liquid medicine. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, get one from your pharmacist.
Do not discontinue this medicine without first visiting your doctor. When this medicine is abruptly stopped, several problems (such as seizures) may worsen. You may also have insomnia, nausea, headache, and diarrhea.