Forum

Pellegrini was grea...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to Essence Forum, please register to have full access to all the features of this forum. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP

Meet the world!

Pellegrini was great but Roma didn't play well - Mourinho

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Samuel
(@samuel)
Topic starter  

Roma boss Jose Mourinho disclosed that Lorenzo Pellegrini has promised to sign an extension with the Giallorossi, but claims his side didn't play well’ in their 5-1 victory against CSKA Sofia.

The Stadio Olimpico had a poor start, going a goal down after 10 minutes due to defensive blunder, but came back for their sixth win out of six in all competition this season.

Lorenzo Pellegrini scored a brace and Stephan El Shaarawy, Gianluca Mancini and Tammy Abraham were also on the scoresheet. 

While speaking to Sky Sport Italia after the game. 

Mourinho said: “We did not play well. At times we did well, a strong team is coming together, we have already talked about it and must be even more of a team when we go into the difficult moments."

“However, I was not satisfied with the performance at all. We didn't play with quality, just two days ago we trained about this, but the full-backs didn’t push much, there wasn’t enough intensity, we lost so many defensive duels," he added. 

He concluded that, “I cannot say we played badly, but we didn’t do well either and certainly not enough to warrant a 5-1 result. Yes, we have more quality than CSKA Sofia, but we didn’t do enough.”

Roma captain Lorenzo Pellegrini scored twice and motivated his teammates, continuing an excellent start to the campaign, but the Portuguese tactician disclosed that the contract extension saga is coming to an end

He said: “He is a player with quality, a great deal of potential and he told me yesterday that he’ll sign the new contract soon. I think it can definitively give more strength to this rapport he is building with the fans.

“Pellegrini is the captain, he will sign a new contract and is very important for us,” he added

Share: