35 total views, 2 views today
Guava Leaf commonly known as:
Botanical name: Psidium Guajava
Yoruba – guaba, gilofa,
Hausa – goba,
Igbo – ugwoba
Medicinal Properties of Guava Leaves:
- Guava leaf are used for Vagina wash
- Guava leaves are used to treat diarrhoea.
- Guava leaves contain active phytochemical compounds which can reduce cholesterol level slightly.
- Guava leaves contain Catechin which can control the blood glucose level. In other words, Guava leaves may help to prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Guava leaves can lower the risk of cancer, especially breast, prostate, and oral cancers.
- The extract of guava leaves has strong anti-bacterial activity against Vibrio cholerae, this means that the plant offers the potential for controlling epidemics of cholera.
- It also has a strong effect to protect the liver from some enzyme which can damage liver cells.
- Guava leaves contain quercetin. This component is very effective in reducing the pain of arthritis.
- Guava leaf is a fantastic home remedy for toothaches, swollen gums and oral ulcers due to the powerful antibacterial agents.
To Do this:
Grind the leaves into a paste and apply it to your gums and teeth to cure these problems.
Guava Leaves can be used to relieve Itchy skin.
It can also be used to prevent Hair loss.
Taking guava leaf tea regularly helps improve quality of sleep. It calms your nerves and quietens your mind, making it easier to fall asleep.
Guava leaves tea helps boost the immune system and it is good for the brain.
You can brew Guava leaves into tea by collecting some of the leaves, wash them and put to boil for 20 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool and sieve to get the extract.
You can take half a glass cup twice daily. And you can sip it as a tea throughout the day especially if you’re using it for weight loss and reduction of cholesterol level.
To treat Itchy Skin:
Crush guava leaves and rub on itchy skin.
To prevent Hair Loss:
Boil guava leaves, allow to cool and massage onto the scalp.