Forum

How To Create A Loc...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to Essence Forum, please register to have full access to all the features of this forum. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP

Meet the world!

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Octavia
(@octavia)
Topic starter  

Hi guys I just saw this online and decided to share, hope it helps someone out there, especially in some remote regions in Africa.

Its very easy, there are different ways that u can entertain urself when u are at home.

All you need is Gotv and an LCD with a very low wattage or a PC monitor that has AV input ,a 650va UPS, a 12v 40ah fullriver valve regulated battery and a smart charger.

I bought my 40ah battery brand new at oshodi for 6k its equivalent to deep cycle batteries and I bought my 20amp smart battery charger at idioro mushin for 7k, with this u can stay connected to ur favorite programs on TV or watch movies on ur LCD via external hdd, if u already have an LCD TV, just check the watts ,if its above 100, then u need to get a 15inch monitor that has AV input II bought mine 5k at computer village, the smart charger charges the battery,the ups stands as the power, my 15inch monitor is 34watts while the blu ray player is just 16watts.

So......

When there is no electricity ,my 40ah battery can power my 15inch LCD and Gotv or blu ray player for full 9hrs.

Note: It only powers my Gotv, bluray and 15inch LCD, imagine if I have 2 of that battery nko? That means I will never miss my favorite programs.

PROCEDURES:

This mini locally made inverter will power lcd and led TVs, Its easy, all u need is a small ups ( the one that uses only one battery), a battery charger and a 12v valve regulated or deep cycle battery and a red and black wire which u will use to extend the negative and positive cable of the ups
Unscrew ur ups and extend the black and red wire that go to the battery to be longer(please use red and black colour wire to avoid confusion), connect the extended red wire to ur battery positive(red) and the black to ur battery (negative),

Also connect the charger's positive clip to ur battery positive and charger's negative clip to ur battery negative, now, plug in ur charger power cable in to electricity power source and plug in ur lcd to ur ups, turn on ur ups and its ready!!!

Below photo is how u extend the red and black wire from the ups to the battery outside the ups, (a used and working perfectly 650va bluegate ups without battery is sold at oshodi main market for just 1,500naira)

Total cost for building the inverter:,
12v 40ah valve regulated battery= 6k,
Used 650va ups with no battery in it = 1,500 ,
Red & black wire = 50 naira,
12v 20amp smart charger = 7k ,
TOTAL= 14,550
If u have extra cash , u could add one more battery

Yes u can get a 20watts 15inch monitor ,most 15inch monitors come with a power adapter, its from the power adapter that u can calculate the watts, my 15inch came with a power adapter of 60watts, I had to buy another 12v adapter , I needed the lcd wattage to be low, remember, the lower the watts of ur appliance, the longer ur battery can carry ..,
I bought a 12v--- 2.0A power cable for my 15inch .
12v multiply by 2.0A = 24watts.

NOTE: my 32inch lcd is 160watts, so its always on when there is light, but wen nepa carry light, I switch it off completely, I had to get a very small extension box with a switch on it, so as to make sure its turned off completely, because if its still on standby mode, it will still draw little current.

Below is the photo of the power adapter I bought for my 15inch, 15inch lcd monitor with AV input is available at computer village as from 5k, if u are buying one, make sure it has an AV input, where u plug in ur video in and audio in cable, if u no smart those boys go carry ordinary PC monitor give u,

How long will a 160Watts 32inch lcd TV last on my 12v 40ah battery ?

12v multiply by 40ah battery divide by 160watts =3hrs
12v multiply by 40ah battery divided by 24watts = 20hrs

Feel free to comment on my every post and I will return back the love.
Octavia Kisses

Share: