New footage from Conor McGregor’s bus attack has emerged showing the extent of fellow fighter Michael Chiesa’s injuries.
McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault and one count of felony criminal mischief by the New York Police Department after handing himself infollowing the incident at the UFC 223 media day on Thursday (April 5).
Allegedly crashing the Barclays Centre with an entourage of 30 men, the Irishman was arrested on suspicion of attacking UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov’s busleaving lightweight fighter Chiesa injured.
Being released on $50,000 bail, McGregor has been ordered to return to New York on June 14 for his next court hearing.
Despite having no previous criminal record, the appropriately named ‘The Notorious’could face serious jail time with assault charges holding a maximum sentence of a year with the felony charge reaching seven years.
The Irishman will also have to pay for damages incurred during the riot which led to several fights being cancelled.
Ray Borg v Brandon Moreno, Alex Caceres v Artem Lobov and Chiesa v Anthony Pettis were all called off following the attack.
As reported by respected MMA journalist Ariel Helwani on the night, Chiesa suffered a cut to his face as McGregor launched a wheeled trolley at the bus which contained several fighters.
I’m told chairs were thrown through the van window and one passenger on the van was injured. Dana White is on his way back to the arena.Most of the fighters are still in the arena but some were able to leave. According to multiple sources Michael Chiesa suffered a laceration in the fracas.I’m told Chiesa’s cut is on his face. He’s being attended to at the arena. Unclear at this time how serious his injury is. I’ve seen video shot by fighters in the van.
This footage has now emerged online as episode five of the UFC’s ‘Vlog Series‘ focuses on the UFC 223 event showing the disgraceful incident.
In the vlog, you can see the reaction of the fighters on the bus as McGregor goes on his rampage.
The extent of Chiesa’s injuries are also shown before he is taken to hospital.
UFC Vlog Series: Episode 5/YouTube
Although McGregor’s motives are not currently confirmed, the attack follows an altercation between Nurmagomedov and Artem Lobov, McGregor’s training partner, which happened earlier this week.
Lobov has also been removed from this weekend’s competition as it was revealed he was involved in the rampage.
The Notorious issued a warning early Thursday morning following UFC President Dana White’s announcement the winner of the Nurmagomedov vs. Max Holloway fight will win the UFC 155lbs belt, stripping the Irishman of his title.
McGregor angrily wrote:
You’s’ll strip me of nothing you’s do nothing c*nts.
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! ADVERTISE ON TOKTOK9JA AND REACH OUT TO YOUR DESIRED AUDIENCE: HERE
Professional freelancer and webmaster.