3,298 total views, 2 views today
Six Popular Drinks And Their Dangerous Effects On The Human Body.
There are so many drinks out there that are just not good for your overall health.
These are often sold as energy drinks and beverages but they are anything but healthy.
Wondering which ones are harming you? Here are six drinks that are not good for you:
1. Sugary Coffee: Coffee is meant to be drunk with little sugar, but when too much sugar is added, all the nutrients are neutralized.
A cup of coffee topped with too much sugar loads your body with over 500 calories, which is more than you’ll get from a bottle of soda. Having said this, we can see that coffee with too much sugar (which we think is healthy) is actually detrimental to the health than soft drinks.
2. Red Bull: If you feel like you need a shot of caffeine, instead of Red Bull, go for coffee (With little sugar, of course).
3. Soda: Soda is basically fizzy water loaded with sugar and artificial flavouring and below are the effects it has on the body:
– A standard bottle of soda contains over 250 calories, which means regular drinking of soda contributes immensely to weight gain.
– It is harmful for people dealing with diabetes.
4. Packaged Juice: Many people are of the wrong notion that packaged fruit juice is healthier than whole fruits.
– Bottled or packaged juice is packed with over 150 calories, not to talk of sugar, which can make your weight loss go fruitless
READ: Signs That Your Man Might Have HIV/STDs And Not Telling You
– It also causes a spike in blood sugar levels which in turn causes hypertension.
5. Alcohol: One glass of alcohol once in a while is okay, but excessive drinking is detrimental to health. It causes:
– Damage to the liver
– Diabetes as well as cancer
– Weight gain
– Older looks
6. Packaged Yoghurt Drinks: Yoghurt on its own has tons of benefits, including aiding the digestive system (An exception is lactose intolerant people) but when it is packaged and sugar and preservatives are added, it loses its nutrients and benefits and causes stomach upset. This is why doctors advise people with digestive issues to do away with processed yogurt drinks.
Healthier alternatives to the drink listed above are:
1. Water, which is by far the most healthy drink you can think of
2. Whole milk, either from soybeans or cow
3. Green or herbal tea
4. Tea leaves or tea bags
Leave us your thoughts.
DO YOU HAVE ANY NEWS YOU WANT TO REPORT? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND SUBMIT YOUR NEWS FOR PUBLICATION ON TOKTOK9JA
WATCH MORE NEWS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
Professional freelancer and webmaster.