30 HABITS THAT SHOW IMPROPER UPBRINGING IN CHILDREN
Please, carefully look into the list below to see where you may want to make
amends on yourself or the young ones you are caring for.
Children, if not properly groomed may never get to the top in life, even if
the parents are at the top of their career.
Manners take you to where your education can’t take you, irrespective of
your status, money or the “who you know” factor.
This is not meant to hurt anyone or pinpoint on someone for their
upbringing. Its a general message targeted to all the parents of today.
1. Going to your child’s school dressed indecently? Think again.
2. Speaking rashly to your child’s teacher.
3. Cursing, using foul words or swearing in front of your children.
4. Using makeup on children.
5. Dressing with tight clothes and indecently for children (they
loose the sense of their princesshood and may not listen to you in future)
7. Your child holds the cup or glassware by the brim and you don’t
make a correction.
8. Your children don’t greet and you just feel they will come
around one day because they have a mood swing. (You will be blamed for it)
9. Your children eat with their mouth opened and you feel they will
grow up some day.
10. Your children brought home something you did not buy for them
and you said nothing. (That is the beginning of stealing)
11. They talked back at you and you concluded it’s okay since
you’re a 21st century mummy. (You will hate yourself if they do that outside
and they are disciplined)
12. They interrupt when you are speaking with another adult and you
think they are bold and clever. (It’s really bad manners)
13. They exercise authority over their nanny and domestic staff and
you let them be. (That is bad parenting)
14. They say things like “my driver is on his way…”
I am not an advocate that children should call your domestic staff aunty or
brother but, calling them by names when they are not young people is not poise
either. The use of Miss, Mr or Mrs will look good on them.
15. Your children don’t say- ‘Thank you’ when they have been helped
or served something. They don’t know how to say “please” when they
need someone for help; and you are cool with that. (Bad parenting)
16. When your children cannot stand children who are less
18. When they pick their nose with their hands.
19. When they don’t wash their hands after visiting the washroom.
20. When your children take something from the fridge without
taking permission. (Bad parenting)
21. When your children don’t knock on closed doors.
22. When your children don’t collect from your hands the stuff you
brought in as you walk in through the door.
23. When your children request for a bribe to carry out their home
chores or extra task. (That is disgraceful)
24. When your children act like their grandparents are irritating
25. When your children have not learnt to get up from the chair for
the elderly or visitors to sit.
26. When your child tells a lot of lies. (You will both cry in the
future if such is not put to check)
27. When your child asks “who is that?” at a knock on
your door instead of “please, who is there.”
28. When your child is always seated by your visitors when being
served drinks etc.
29. When your children still point their fingers at other people.
30. When your children play and jump around when prayers are going
on. (age 4 above).
Don’t be a 21st Century parent who cannot correct a child. Train your child
in the way of the Lord, so that when he grows up he will not depart from it.
IT IS BETTER TO LET YOUR CHILDREN CRY AT AN EARLY AGE WHEN YOU CORRECT
THEM, IF NOT YOU WILL BOTH CRY AT NIGHT WHEN THEY BRING DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY
WITH BAD AND TERRIBLE BEHAVIOURS!
May Almighty God never let this be our portion. Amen.
You can do well to circulate this piece to all parents and grandparents that
are on your contact
Professional freelancer and webmaster.