101 total views, 1 views today
With so many internet scamming going on here and there, it has become paramount to educate Nigerians on “how to retrieve back your money after you have been scammed”.
20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It’s quite painful.
Many people don’t always know what to do, so today we’ll be looking at things you should do when you realize a website you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you.
Follow these steps to recover back your money:
- Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).
- Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
- Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the “TRANSACTION ID NUMBER”.
- Go to any branch of the scam artist’s bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
- If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.
While you are there, send an email to the SCAMMER’S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (firstname.lastname@example.org). this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.
What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank
Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police, and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.
Please drop your thoughts in the comment box below and share this post with someone.