ITB Berlin 2020 Cancelled over Coronavirus

ITB Berlin 2020 Cancelled over Coronavirus

German Federal Ministries of Health and Economics have said the ITB Berlin 2020 would not take place, due to the rapid spread of the new Coronavirus (COVID-19).

”With more than 10,000 exhibitors from over 180 countries ITB Berlin is extremely important for the world’s tourism industry. We take our responsibility for the health and safety of our visitors, exhibitors and employees very seriously. It is with a heavy heart that we must now come to terms with the cancellation of ITB Berlin 2020,” said the Chief Executive Officer of Messe Berlin GmbH, Christian Göke, in a statement made available to newsmen.

Also, the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Messe Berlin, Wolf-Dieter Wolf said: ”Not once in the 54-year history of the event have ITB Berlin and Messe Berlin experienced a similar situation.

“We would like to thank all exhibitors and partners from all over the world who over the past few days and weeks have stood by ITB Berlin. We look forward to continuing the trusted relationship with our partners in the market.“

At 1827 hrs on Friday, the responsible health authority of the district of Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf in Berlin imposed significantly tighter restrictions on holding the event.

Among its requirements the authority stipulated that each participants would need to prove to Messe Berlin that they were not from a designated risk area or had not been in contact with a person or persons from a risk area.

It is not possible for Messe Berlin to satisfy these requirements overall.

Messe Berlin had for weeks made it known that a decision on holding or cancelling large-scale events would only be taken based on the recommendations or instructions of the relevant specialist authorities. Only they possess the necessary information and specialist knowledge in order to draw the right conclusions.

Kindly follow us on social media to get trending updates as they come.

Have something to add to this story? Please share it in the comments box.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter to keep up to date with trending news as it happens.

NEXT READ: BUHARI SUSPENDS NBC DG MODIBBO KAWU

admin

Professional freelance, highly trained and always open to conversations. Ask admin any question on this post or any general matter that relates to this site. You are always in control!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Coronavirus in Nigeria - Lafarge Cement Shut, 28 Persons Quarantined

Sat Feb 29 , 2020
Coronavirus in Nigeria – Lafarge Cement Shut, 28 Persons Quarantined. Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, Friday confirmed that Lafarge Cement Nigeria in Ewekoro, Ewekoro Local G Area of the state has been shut down over Coronavirus just as he said a total number of 28 persons had been quarantined. This […]

News Around the Globe

The Most Read

%d bloggers like this: