Security Alert! Impending Clash Between NPF and Islamic Movement in Nigeria2 min read
An unconfirmed report making rounds on social media speculates that Nigeria Police Force (NPF) and members of Islamic Movement in Nigeria also known as Shi’ites may likely clash on Tuesday. The anticipated clash is premise on the group’s upcoming Ashura procession across 19 Northern States of Nigeria .
Here is a copy of the security alert circulating social media:
Locations: 19 Northern States
Event : The Nigeria Police Force and members of the proscribed Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), also known as Shi’ites, May likely clash at the group’s upcoming Ashura procession on Tuesday 10th, September 2019.
Ashura procession, also called the Day of Ashura, is the tenth day of Muharram, the first month in the Islamic calendar. It is observed annually by Shi’ite Muslims worldwide to commemorate the death of Hussain ibn Ali in the Battle of Karbala in Iraq. Known as the third Shia Imam, Husayn was the grandson of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and son of Ali ibn Abi Talib, the first Shia Imam.
Despite the proscription of the group, it has dared the Police and insisted that it would observe the Ashura procession on Tuesday.
However, the Nigeria Police Force had also warned the group to shelve their plan or face the full force of its mandate.
Additional intelligence further revealed that, its members would troop out from cities and villages in the 19 Northern States and Abuja to mark its annual procession.
- All are advice to ensure that Staff are effectively briefed and adopt all personal contingency plans (Movement plan, enough recharge cards, alternative back up SIM Card etc.), in an event that the intelligence proved positive.
- All are also advised to monitor and triangulate with contacts before visiting an area.
- If you noticed an unlawful gathering of people or a crowded area you are advice to leave the area as soon as possible.
- In an event of teargas, don’t clean your face with water or wet object, rather apply lotion or Vaseline on your face and avoid taking bath immediately.
- In case of firing, make sure you take cover with any available hard object to avoid being hit by a stray bullet or any trajactile object.
- Ensure that you park your Car in a safe place (Office, House etc) before going out in order to avoid been damaged.
Professional freelancer and webmaster.