First aid management for patients with epilepsy – Pharm G2 min read
First aid management for patients with epilepsy – Parm G.
A neurological disorder characterize with unconsciousness, with or without convulsion. It can occur in various phases such as aura, tonic, clonic or recovery phase.
There are various first aid management for patient with epilepsy. It include:
- Removing all object that might likely cause harm to the casualty
- Protecting the head of the patient.
- The airways should be open after seizure to allow for enough ventilation.
- If breathing, place in a recovery position.
- Reassure the patient.
- Medical aid should be done if seizure reoccur almost immediately.
There are some activities that shouldn’t be done while patient has seizure to prevent further damage, they include the following:
ALSO READ: Do You Know Women Vagina Comes in 9 Different Shapes and Sizes? See Shocking Revelation by Doctors
- Do not force object in the patients mouth
- Patient shouldn’t be moved except if they are in immediate danger
- Do not restrain the patient, but their movement can be gently guided to reduce risks of injury
- Do not give an unconscious patient anything to eat or drink
Hope this helps someone out there.
READ: If You Want To Live Long Never Drink This After Eating Rice And Stew
Kindly subscribe to this blog via the red bell icon and follow all our social media handles for more health tips.
By Pharm G.
Connect with Pharm G on Essence Forum where you can ask questions on the Health Section.
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO TELL US ABOUT NIGERIA? CLICK HERE TO JOIN ESSENCE FORUM AND SHARE YOUR TOPICS WITH OVER 4000 MEMBERS.
WATCH MORE NEWS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
READ: What Is Female Ejaculation; How Does It Come, and What Are the Health Benefits?
Professional freelancer and webmaster.