1,039 total views, 2 views today
First Aid Treatment of Electric Shock and How to Care for Victims – Pharm G
Electrocution is a related set of injuries caused by direct contact with live electrical connections. The effect can vary from respiratory problems to cardiac arrest. The symptoms include:
- Victim may be static at the point of contact
- There may be burns to the body where the current has entered and exited
- There may be signs of shock
- Breathing may be shallow or absent
- Loss of consciousness
THE AIM OF TREATMENT IS TO TREAT BURN AND MINIMIZE SHOCK
The first aid care for electrocution include:
- Turn off the power if possible, otherwise remove the victim from the source of electricity.
- There is a high risk of cardiac arrest in these cases, check victim and be prepared to perform CPR (Cardio pulmonary resuscitation)
- If vital signs are present, carry out the general treatment of unconsciousness as necessary.
- Treat any burns and associated wounds
- Guide against or treat for shock
- Get medical help as quickly as possible.
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO TELL US ABOUT NIGERIA? CLICK HERE TO JOIN ESSENCE FORUM AND SHARE YOUR TOPICS WITH OVER 4000 MEMBERS.
WATCH MORE NEWS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
Professional freelancer and webmaster.