One of Floyd Mayweather’s bodyguard’s, Gregory La Rosa, was shot in a gun attack on Monday, and police now say the gunman was targeting the boxer’s entourage.
The gunman who sprayed bullets at Floyd Mayweather’s motorcade was deliberately targeting the boxer’s entourage, police said.Gregory La Rosa, a key member of Mayweather’s security detail, was shot in the leg.The entourage fled the scene but were temporarily followed, according to reports.
Eventually they lost the suspect and took La Rosa to hospital so he could receive treatment.La Rosa was let out of hospital after three hours. Mayweather is believed to be unharmed.
The gunman who shot Gregory La Rosa, a key member of Floyd Mayweather’s security detail, was deliberately targeting the boxer’s entourage, according to police.
La Rosa, 37, was shot in the leg when the boxer’s motorcade was sprayed with bullets near the InterContinental hotel in Buckhead, Atlanta, in the early hours of Monday morning.
It is unclear whether an earlier incident had triggered the attack, but a local police spokesman said the entourage was deliberately targeted.
“Based off the actions by the shooter, we believe that he was familiar with the entourage or the group of vehicles that he targeted,” Atlanta police spokesman Donald Hannah told reporters earlier this week, as quoted by New York Post.
Mayweather’s motorcade consisted of three vehicles returning to the hotel from a nightclub nearby, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Another vehicle pulled up beside the motorcade and fired several times at the lead vehicle, wounding La Rosa in the leg.
Mayweather’s entourage fled the scene but the group was followed, according to police. Eventually the motorcade lost the suspect’s vehicle and then drove La Rosa to Grady Hospital so he could receive treatment.
La Rosa was let out of hospital three hours later. He has already made an official statement, posting an apology on his Instagram account.
“I just want to say sorry to my family, friends, and especially my beautiful lady for putting you guys through all of this,” he said.
“I can’t imagine the worry and emotions you all felt. I am at home and feeling great. The overwhelming amount of support and love I’ve received from everyone has truly filled my heart with warmth. I appreciate everyone more than you’ll ever know. Thank you!”
Mayweather, who was traveling in a seperate vehicle, is believed to be unharmed.
“We do believe that Mr Mayweather was in one of the additional SUVs. He was not in the vehicle that received fire,” Hannah confirmed.
Mayweather, 41, retired from boxing last year after 50 professional bouts. He is currently considering a $1 billion move into mixed martial arts where he could contest a rematch with Conor McGregor.
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! ADVERTISE ON TOKTOK9JA AND REACH OUT TO YOUR DESIRED AUDIENCE: HERE
Professional freelancer and webmaster.