Recently,I attended a seminar about retirement:
Basically the message was:
1. As you always go to work….remember one day you will retire. You won’t be going to work.
2. Always go for your 30days annual leave. Whatever you do in your leave, is what you will be doing when you retire.
3. Invest for your retirement… For your children are not retirement investment.
4. Start a hobby early in your working days to take you along when you retire. You can start rearing chickens, a cow or a shop.
5. Where shall you retire. Build yourself a home. Don’t retire and start to rent a house.
7. Who shall be your dependants. By the time you retire, the people you invested in,the peoole you help with jobs,people you taught how to fish ,yes your children should be above 18, and self reliant if not ???
8. Don’t retire in town. You can’t continue living in the city after 60. The language and the hustle is hard for you.
9. Have property which can be converted into cash. Plant avacado trees,Palm trees , today. Rear goats, tree’s etc
10. Live a simple life. If you never build a house at your rural home, dont use your retirement package to build.
The analysis above is that many of retirees die because of :
1. Not being prepared to retire.
2. Lack of finances
LET US ALL KNOW THAT….YOUR DESK AT YOUR WORK PLACE IS NOT PERMANENT.
Professional freelancer and webmaster.