191 total views, 3 views today
First Aid Treatment of Heart Attack and Angina – Pharm G.
A heart attack happens when the blood supply to the heart muscle is suddenly blocked. The heart can’t effectively work due to the blockage. This can be severe and this depends on the size of the heart muscle affected.
while Angina is a tight feeling in the chest. It happens when the body is unable to provide enough oxygenated blood for the demand of the heart because the arteries supplying the heart have narrowed.
The symptoms include:
- Chest pain that may extend to the back, jaw, back and stomach as a result of blockage to the heart muscle.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Rapid, shallow and uneven breathing
- Profuse sweating, skin cold and nausea
- Sudden faintness or dizziness
- Ash skin and blueness of lips.
THE MAJOR AIM OF TREATMENT IS TO REDUCE PAIN AND ANXIETY
The care given to these patients are:
- Calling for assistance as cardiac problem is serious and should never be passed as insignificant.
- Helping casualty with their medications only if is prescribed to them
- Loosening tight clothing’s especially around the neck to help the casualty relax and help medical personnel access the chest
- Help the casualty sit reclined with body learned back against the wall at about 45 degrees with the feet on the floor, but knees raised. This put the casualty in a W position.
- Reassure and be be prepared to give CPR should the need arises
For more health tips, Click here to Connect with Pharm G on Essence Forum where you can ask her questions concerning your well-being on the Health Section of the Forum.
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO TELL US ABOUT NIGERIA? CLICK HERE TO JOIN ESSENCE FORUM AND SHARE YOUR TOPICS WITH OVER 4000 MEMBERS.
WATCH MORE NEWS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
Professional freelancer and webmaster.