The deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, has been appointed into the board of the Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency (KADIPA).
The appointment came barely 24 hours after the Governor Abdullahi Ganduje-led government of Kano State dethroned Sanusi as emir.
Governor Nasir El-Rufai, in a statement on Tuesday, announced the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA as well as Sanusi’s appointment as vice chairman of the new board.
“Malam Nasir El-Rufai has appointed His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi II into the board of KADIPA. The appointment is part of the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA, which is statutorily chaired by the Deputy Governor, and has as internal members senior officials of the Kaduna State Government,” Muyiwa Adekeye, El-Rufai’s special adviser on media and publicity said in the statement.
“Governor El-Rufai said that Kaduna State hopes to benefit from the profile, experience, intellect and networks of His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi, who before becoming Emir, had built a solid reputation in global financial circles. Malam Nasir El-Rufai said that Kaduna State is honoured to be able to call on the services of a man of such calibre to drive its development.
“The Governor also said that he is confident that the new board, which includes the most senior officers of the state will further propel KADIPA to greater success in attracting investments to Kaduna State. He disclosed that the external members have been carefully chosen to further reinforce the investment credentials of the state.
The new board of KADIPA has the following members:
1. Her Excellency, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe Chairman
2. His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II Vice-Chairman
3. Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Secretary to the State Government
4. Bariatu Y. Mohammed, Head of Service
5. Jimi Lawal, Senior Adviser-Counsellor
6. Aisha Dikko, Attorney-General of Kaduna State
7. Idris Nyam, Commissioner, Business, Innovation & Technology
8. Fausat Ibikunle, Commissioner, Housing & Urban Development
9. Thomas Gyang, Commissioner, Planning & Budget Commission
10. Farida Dankaka, KACCIMA
11. Amal Hassan, Private Sector
12. Hafiz Bayero, MD, Kaduna Markets Development Company
13. Altine Jibrin, Director-General, KADGIS
14. Umma Aboki, Executive Secretary, KADIPA
Adekeye added that, “Malam Nasir El-Rufai has expressed his gratitude to members of the reconstituted board of KADIPA for agreeing to serve.”
Kindly follow us on social media to get trending updates as they come.
Have something to add to this story? Please share it in the comments box.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter to keep up to date with trending news as it happens.
Professional freelancer and webmaster.