Join the WFF Youth Policy Board 2024-2026 Apply Now!
Deadline: January 30, 2024
Calls for applications to join the World Food Forum (WFF) Youth Policy Board 2024-2026 are open. The WFF Youth Action and Policy Track aims to connect and empower young people with different backgrounds across the globe to discuss their local priorities and challenges and identify innovative and actionable solutions for a better food future. One of the major components of the Youth Action and Policy Track is the Youth Policy Board (YPB), who governs the WFF Youth Assembly.
The purpose of this group is to govern the Youth Assembly, draft youth policy positions on food and agriculture topics and coordinate regional activities, providing strategic direction for upcoming key events and the Youth Assembly throughout the year and during the WFF annual flagship event. The objective of the Youth Assembly is to open the dialogue on regional and thematic areas for policy inputs, draft opinions, and co-organize/brainstorm activities of the WFF Youth Action Track.
The Youth Policy Board is now opening a call for applications for interested individuals between the ages of 18 and 35 years to join the new cohort.
- By joining the cohort, the WFF YPB members will:
- Co-lead the WFF Youth Assembly, which discusses various policy priorities and develops policy recommendations surrounding agrifood systems issues;
- Join a powerful network of agrifood systems changemakers, including fellow YPB members, the WFF secretariat, partner organizations and constituencies, and FAO Regional and Liaison offices;
- Receive limited travel and accommodation support to attend the WFF annual flagship event held at FAO Headquarters, Rome, Italy;
- Receive capacity building and training opportunities, and the opportunity to engage in various WFF projects and initiatives;
- Gain visibility through speaking opportunities at various policy-related global, regional and local events;
- Leverage the network and resources of the WFF secretariat to empower youth for agrifood systems transformation;
- Gain visibility through WFF social media channels and network of partners.
- Any interested individuals between the ages of 18 and 35 years are welcome to join the new cohort. The candidate should be 35 or under 35 years of age during their mandate (i.e. until April 2026)
- Sufficient proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Availability for and capacity to participate in regular Youth Policy Board (YPB) meetings.
- Experience and interest in agrifood systems issues.
- Valuing WFF’s core values.
- Ability to dedicate about 20 hours per month to the role.
As a member of the YPB, you will be primarily responsible for governing the Youth Assembly. Make sure that you have read the TOR of the Youth assembly.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit WFF Youth Policy Board.
Professional freelancer and webmaster.