COVID-19 – Set Up Drive Though Testing Centres – KCEF Appeals to Kogi State Govt.3 min read
A group under the auspices of Kogi Citizen Engagement Forum (KCEF) has advised it’s Government to create drive-through testing centers to curb the mortality rate of Covid-19 since the State serves as a transit between North and South of Nigeria.
The group made this know in a press statement signed by it’s lead convener Dr Hope Omeiza and co-convener Amb Peter Egwudah.
While applauding the achievement made so far in tackling the spread of COVID-19 by the State Government under the leadership of His Excellency Governor Yahaya Bello, the group also advocates that the State Government consider establishing programs to train citizens on how to make hand sanitizers, nose mask and other items vital for fighting the deadly virus.
The statement reads in full:
PRESS STATEMENT: KOGI STATE AND COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The Kogi situation in the face of COVID-19 pandemic:
1. The first state in Nigeria to have lost a son to this pandemic,
2. It is the most centrally located of all the states of the Federation,
3. Kogi borders at least 10 states,
4. Kogi serves as a transit state between North and South, and
5. No single COVID-19 testing center in Kogi.
While the Kogi Citizen Engagement Forum #KCEF appreciates highly the effort of the New Direction Government under the indefatigable leadership of H.E. Governor Yahaya Bello in inaugurating the #COVID-19 Squadron to curtail this disease, we humbly write to advice that His Excellency and team also give consideration to the following areas we believe will help prevent high morbidity and mortality of COVID-19 in our dear state, #Kogi:
1. His Excellency should appeal to the Federal Government #FG, Federal Ministry of Health #FMOH, the Nigeria, Center for Disease Control #NCDC and the World Health Organization #WHO to make available test kits and other mobile equipment to help set up versions of drive -through testing centers as seen in South Korea
2. His Excellency should appeal to some corporate and government offices within the state who are currently under temporary closure and lockdown to volunteer their parking space out-front or any space they deem fit for Temporary COVID-19 #Drive -Through Testing Centers.
3. His Excellency should also consider adding to the ongoing COVID-19 sensitization program in the state, how to use sustainable, cost effective and locally available materials for hand washing (e.g ashes), how to make face mask locally, and others.
Our prayers are with you and the good people of Kogi State in these troublous times. This too shall pass, and we will come out STRONGER
Long Live H.E Governor Yahaya Bello!
Long Live Kogi State!
Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Dr. Hope Omeiza
Amb Peter Egwudah
Have you seen this: U.S Confirms That President Buhari is Infected with Coronavirus
Kindly follow us on social media to get trending updates as they come.
Have something to add to this story? Please share it in the comments box.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter to keep up to date with trending news as it happens.
Professional freelancer and webmaster.